We’re sure your won’t disagree when we say that there are many different types of Overhead Garage Door Designs available to consumers today. Overhead Garage doors are obviously different in design from regular doors. These doors are usually not hinged, but instead function with the sue of a mechanical pulley system that is used to open the door remotely.
Most overhead garage doors are horizontally paneled. This mechanism makes it easier for them to retract. Most overhead garage door systems use a pulley that is connected to a motor to pull the garage door up, making it parallel to the ceiling in the garage. These garage doors come in a variety of different colors and aesthetic designs
There are many types of garage door designs on the market. One popular type of design is known as a sectional door. Sectional doors are typically made of six to eight wooden or fiberglass panels. These panels can either open on hinges like a regular door, or slide up ad overhead like an overhead garage door. Sectional garage doors are very reliable, even more so than single-doors because they have multiple tracks, which make it less likely to fail.
Another type of door is a monolithic door. This type of door is more difficult to install and harder to use. Instead of it folding, monolithic doors are constructed of a single panel. If it’s the type of door that opens to the side, it will requires a large space in order for it to open properly. If the garage doors opens by sliding along the ceiling of the garage, then it will require a lot of space in the front of the door. The reason why people choose a monolithic door is because a monolithic door thicker, heavier, and will protect the contents of your garage more securely than a sectional door.
Here are some of the Pros and Cons of different overhead garage doors:
- Overhead garage doors that are sectional use much less space than sliding doors and monolithic doors.
- Most types of garage door designs are controlled by a remote control from inside the car, so the user does not need to exit the car to open the door. This makes things a lot more convenient.
- Overhead garage doors save a lot of space
- Most garage doors require very little maintenance, and can sometimes even be wired into the alarm system of the home to help protect against unwanted visitors.
- Painting your Overhead Garage Door can make it very aesthetically pleasing.
- If the battery dies on the remote control for the garage door, it can be a hassle to replace it.
- Sectional overhead doors are sometimes easier to break into than monolithic overhead doors because they do not offer as much security.
- Paints and stickers fade over time so you’ll have to repaint it from time to time.
Call NYC Rolling Gates today at 888-322-9035 to learn more about Overhead Garage Doors and how they can best serve you.